Online Piano Lessons for Creative Adults
I offer online (virtual) lessons for both adult beginners and intermediate to advanced players who wish to rekindle or develop their skills or learn a new musical style. Lessons are designed to match your personal musical interests and objectives.
Many of my adult students studied piano as a child; others have never studied music at all. We’ll craft a personalized approach for you based on your previous musical training (if any), current goals, musical styles you want to play, and your musical strengths and weaknesses.
My approach is organized while also being customized to your interests. Study at your own pace while mastering fundamentals of musicianship that will provide a foundation for further advancement and greater enjoyment of music.
Musicianship and Creativity
Excellent musicianship and artistic creativity and expression are the key elements of the Creative Keyboardist approach. Depending on your goals, you may choose to:
- Play any major piano style including rock/pop, jazz, R&B, blues, ragtime, New Age or gospel (classical too)
- Learn how to improvise
- Learn how to read music, or read it better
- Learn basic chords or advanced/jazz chords
- Develop your musical ear
- Learn how to play lead sheets (melody and chord symbols)
- Learn essential keyboard technique
- Learn how to play by ear
- Correct rhythmical weaknesses
- Learn to play music at sight
- Acquire efficient practicing skills for the fastest possible progress
- Learn scales (the “building blocks” of music)
- Learn how to compose music or write songs
- Improve your musical memory
- Learn how to arrange music
- Learn how to accompany yourself singing
Lessons for adults are 45 or 60 minutes long.
45 minute lessons are $60/lesson
60 minute lessons are $80/lesson